Kiwifruit, Macadamia and Coconut Bread
Tropical Kiwifruit, Macadamia and Coconut Bread is the perfect mid-afternoon treat. It is also delicious toasted, making it perfect for a quick and easy breakfast on the run.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 190 g plain wheat flour 1 & 1/4 cups
- 150 g wholemeal wheat flour 1 cup
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder 4 teaspoons
- 90 g rapadura sugar 1/2 cup
- 45 g shredded coconut 1/2 cup
- 60 g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 2 kiwifruit approximately 300g
- 1 large egg
- 120 ml coconut milk 1/2 cup
- 40 ml macadamia or olive oil 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 kiwifruit extra, peeled and sliced
Preheat the oven to 195C (175C fan forced).
Grease and line a 11cm x 21cm loaf pan.
Combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, coconut and macadamias in a large bowl. Set aside.
Peel and blitz the two kiwifruit. You should have 250ml (1 cup) of puree. I like to do this with a handheld blender.
Whisk the egg, coconut milk, oil and salt together with the kiwifruit puree.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Pour the batter into the lined pan.
Arrange the sliced kiwifruit over the top of the batter.
Bake for 45 - 50 minutes [Note 1], or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove the cake to a rack and allow to cool completely.
1: You may need to cover the bread with a piece of foil towards the end of the cooking time as it can brown quite quickly.
This bread is delicious toasted, so slice it and freeze for a simple breakfast.