Tomato and White Bean Salad
This super easy salad takes only 10 minutes to make, and is a great way to use up a summer tomato glut. It is also delicious as a main meal salad with a loaf of crusty bread, or tucked into lunchboxes for an easy lunch.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
For the salad
- 150 g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tablespoon quick pickled onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 375 g (2 cups) cooked cannellini beans
To make the salad dressing
Place the lemon juice and olive oil in a small jar with a lid.
Season well with salt and pepper.
Shake well to combine the ingredients, then set aside.
To assemble the salad
Place the tomatoes, parsley and pickled onions into a medium bowl.
Stir thoroughly to combine.
Add the beans to the bowl.
Pour over the dressing.
Gently toss everything together. Stir the salad gently as the beans will break up if you are too vigorous.
Serve & enjoy!
- Canned cannellini beans can be used in place of the cooked beans.
- Replace the quick pickled onions with sliced spring onions (green onions) or finely sliced salad onion.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 9.1g | Fat: 15.6g | Sodium: 60.8mg | Sugar: 2.8g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg