With over 50 great ideas for healthy 30 minute meals, dinner will be on the table in no time. No matter what you crave, I have gathered together some marvelous inspiration for chicken, seafood, meat, vegetarian, pasta & gnocchi, and simple weekend meals.
We all have those days where dinner needs to be on the table …. fast! Or days when we are far to tired to make anything fancy. So I have pulled together over 50 quick meal ideas that can be made in 30 minutes or less, and are ideal for busy families. When it comes to quick meals, most of us tend to fall back on pasta. I know I certainly do. And whilst I have included a few pasta recipes here, I have also found a wealth of other healthy 30 minute meals from some fantastic bloggers to add a little variety to your dinners. Regardless of your family’s taste, you are bound to find something that everyone will love.
Chicken & Duck Healthy 30 Minute Meals
Keep chicken or duck breasts in the freezer for super quick meals. Breasts can easily be defrosted in the fridge overnight, ready to be quickly turned into one of these delicious dinners.
- Rosemary Chicken with Sauteed Onion Wine Sauce – Bam’s Kitchen
- Miso Roasted Chicken – Platings and Pairings
- Laotion Chicken Salad (Lao Larb Gai) – Wandercooks
- One Pot Brazilian Chicken and Rice – Brazilian Flair in the USA
- Warm Roasted Radish and Duck Salad -Krumpli
- Spicy Basil Chicken -Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- Peking Duck Fried Rice – Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Italian Chicken Skillet with Chickpeas, Tomatoes and Peppers – Family Food on the Table
Seafood Healthy 30 Minute Meals
Seafood is the ultimate in fast food. It cooks quickly, and is extremely nutritious. Frozen fish and prawns are snap frozen at the point of catch, and are handy to keep in the freezer for speedy meals. If you don’t live near the sea, frozen seafood may often be a better choice than any available “fresh” fish transported long distances to market.
- Salsa Verde Baked Salmon in Foil – Whole Food Bellies
- Chinese Fried Rice with Shrimp – Ahead of Thyme
- Quick and Easy Thai Fish – Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Quick Fish Curry – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Baked Cod Parcels with Black Bean Sauce – Bam’s Kitchen
- Grilled Salmon With Portobello Mushrooms from Cooking Chat
- 4 Ingredient Baked Fish with Tomato & Basil Sauce from The Seasoned Mom
- Mediterranean Fish in Parchment with Spring Vegetables – Beyond Mere Sustenance
Lamb, Pork & Beef Healthy 30 Minute Meals
Mince and lean cuts of meat cook quickly, allowing impressive healthy 30 minute meals to be produced in a very short period of time.
- Oven Roasted Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce – Girl Gone Gourmet
- Sauteed Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms – A Palatable Pastime
- Italian Beans and Greens – Simply Healthy Family
- Pork Medallions with Tarragon Cream Sauce – Platings and Pairings
- Easy Dukkah-Spiced Lamb Koftas – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Moroccan Lamb CousCous -Nutmeg Nanny
Vegetarian Healthy 30 Minute Meals
Vegetarian meals are often under-estimated when it comes to fast dinners. With no meat to cook, meals come together very quickly and are extremely satisfying. Keep cooked grains in the freezer and a few cans of beans on the pantry shelf for speedy mid-week meals.
- Portobello Panang Curry – Connoisseurus Veg
- Beet and Goats Cheese Quinoa Patties – My Food Story
- Asian Tempeh Lettuce Wraps -Fit Mitten Kitchen
- One Pot Spinach Rice – Watch What U Eat
- Sticky Chili Ginger Tofu – A Virtual Vegan
- Lemon Feta Zucchini Noodles – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Roasted Asparagus Soup with Pistachio Cream – Rhubarbarians
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad – Crazy Vegan Kitchen
- Pizza Stuffed Potato Rosti – Whole Food Bellies
- Mouthwatering Meatless Chili Con Carne – Hurry The Food Up
- Shiitake Miso Noodle Bowl – The Veg Space
Pasta Healthy 30 Minute Meals
Pasta is my fall-back when I need a quick meal. At it’s simplest, a bowl of spaghetti bathed in garlic and olive oil will satisfy any hunger pains. Or make one of these great recipes.
- Zucchini & Pancetta Pasta – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Garlicky Wild Rocket Pasta – Recipes from a Pantry
- Chicken Penne Florentine – Simply Fresh Dinners
- 15-Min Creamy Cheese and Black Pepper Pasta – Recipes from a Pantry
- Chicken & Mushroom Pesto Pasta – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Easy Lamb Ragu – Crazy Cat Girl
- Easy Tuna and Tomato Pasta – Sidewalk Shoes
- Penne with Sausage and Spicy Cream Tomato Sauce – Mommyhood’s Diary
Gnocchi Healthy 30 Minute Meals
Gnocchi cooks much faster than pasta, so keep a bag in your freezer for super-quick, yet substantial, meals. Toss the cooked gnocchi with a simple sauce, and dinner is done.
- Chorizo Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Gnocchi – Nutmeg Nanny
- Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Feta – Cooktoria
- Spring Vegetable Gnocchi – Delish Knowledge
- Cheesy Gnocchi Casserole – Mommyhood’s Diary
- Creamy Goats Cheese Mushroom Gnocchi – Cooking Maniac
Healthy 30 Minute Weekend Meals
Nobody wants to be slaving over the stove on a weekend, so this is the perfect time to whip up some quick and easy meals the whole family will love.
- Black Bean Salsa Burgers – Veggie Inspired
- Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Flautas – Simply Healthy Family
- Black Beans Tostadas with Kiwi Salsa – Framed Recipes
- Barbecue Chicken English Muffin Pizza – Unicorns in the Kitchen
- Cheese Stuffed Cajun Turkey Burgers – Naive Cook Cooks
- Easy Chicken Burritos – Five Little Chefs
- French Bread Pizzas – Every Nook & Cranny
- Take-Out, Fake-Out: Homemade Frozen Pizza – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Spiced Chickpea Burgers – The Cook’s Pyjamas
- Healthy Baked Taquitos – Enticing Healthy Eating
- Steak Tacos with Corn Salsa – Go Eat & Repeat
- Chicken Naan Pizza – Show Me the Yummy
So tell me, do you have a favourite 30-minute meal that you regularly turn to? Let me know by commenting below. I would love to hear about it.